On Wednesday, May 27th, HCL invites you to a webinar about the new Low-Code Development Tool “HCL Domino Volt“.
With HCL Domino Volt you´re able to build low code apps for runnig workflows, gathering data, … within a very short time ! And all those without any programming skills.
Feel free and register for this webinar here.
HCL Sametime Meeting will be a great enhancement of HCL Sametime. If you´re interested to participate in the preview phase you have the possibility to register here:
HCL is doing a great job by transferring a lot of informations from IBM to their platforms. By now HCL offers the following links:
HCL Notes and Domino Wiki
HCL Connections On-Premises Documentation
HCL Connections Cloud Documentation
HCL Notes/Domino Fixlist
And Tim Clark promised that there are a few more on the way…
On overview about the already migrated forums and wikis can be found here:
HCL released Notes/Domino/Traveler V11.0.1 today but HCL also has a lot of other great solutions. Take a look at the following excerpt with the new logos which are looking great ( my personal opinion ):
HCL Digital Solutions: The home of Collaboration and great solutions. Read more >>
HCL Atlas is a high feature, low cost, born-in-the-cloud email platform designed to handle enterprise workloads. Read more >>
HCL Commerce: a B2C and B2B commerce platform for your omnichannel business. Read more >>
HCL Connections: Workstream collaboration for meetings, messaging, files & more. People Power Your Business. Connections Powers Your People. Read more >>
HCL Digital Experience: A digital experience platform for combing content, applications and delivering personalized experiences. Read more >>
HCL Domino: A secure, enterprise-grade, application development platform with great features !! Apps that run your business. Read more >>
HCL Domino Volt: A new low-code way to build apps on Domino. Great at building forms and forms-based workflow apps. Both a design and runtime environment. Read more >>
HCL Leap: Sophisticated web applications for data collection and process automation. Lightweight Enterprise Apps To Transform Business Process. Read more >> There´s also an introduction of Marty Lechleider on YouTube
HCL Nomad: a mobile client that allows users to work with HCL Domino® applications from their mobile devices right out of the box. With offline replication and touch optimization. Read more >>
HCL SafeLinx: Enable Secure Access From Mobile Computing Devices For Business Applications And Data. Read more >>
HCL Sametime: Instant messaging and online communication with audio, video, and data sharing. Secure Conversations Across Any Device. Read more >> There´s also a video on YouTube “Sametime V11 – A closer look“
HCL Verse: Business email that understands the way you work. Easy-to-use, mobile and browser-based email and calendar solution — with enterprise-grade security and manageability. Read more >>
As HCL announced during @engage.ug version 11.0.1 has been released today. And as promised we get:
- HCL Client Application Access 3.0.1 with all G1 language packs
- HCL Domino Server 11.0.1 with all G1 language packs
- HCL Notes 11.0.1 ( Full and Basic Client ) in all G1 languages
- HCL Traveler 11.0.1 for Windows, Linux and System i
- New InstallShield Tuner Kits for Standard Clients
- HCL NiceTool
An overview about the system requirements of V11.0.1 take a look at the following links:
HCL Domino 11.0.1
HCL Notes 11.0.1
HCL iNotes 11.0.1
HCL CAA 3.0.1
Also take a look of what´s new in 11.0.1 and in Sametime V11:
- New command to run Domino Server Setup from Windows for IBM i
- On IBM i, Flexera InstallAnywhere 2018 is the platform used for the Domino Server Setup wizard on a Windows computer. As a result, the command to run setup from a Windows computer on IBM i is now domwzd.bat. Previously it was domwzd.exe. In other respects, installation and setup on IBM i remain the same as in Domino 11.0.
- Domino for Linux Docker container
- HCL Domino 11.0.1 includes a Docker-compatible Red Hat Universal Base Image (UBI) of Domino that is part of your entitlement and available for download through the HCL Licensing Portal. HCL Domino 11.0.1 is pre-installed on this image, allowing you to deploy Domino servers as containers with just a few commands.
- Auto Update (AUT) supports future HCAA upgrades
- Domino 11.0.1 Auto Update (AUT) servers support future upgrades of HCL Client Application Access (HCAA) clients.
- Configuration enhancements for DAOS tier 2 storage
- Domino 11.0.1 introduces the following enhancements to DAOS tier 2 storage.
- Support for Subject Alternative Name (SAN) field in X.509 certificates
- Domino 11.0.1 now supports the use of X.509 certificates that contain a Subject Alternative Name (SAN) field. Certificates with a SAN field (extension) no longer require a Subject field containing a distinguished name for TLS connections.
Domino Web server support for Server Name Indication (SNI)
- Domino 11.0.1 Web servers now support the Server Name Indication (SNI) extension to the Transport Security Layer (TLS) protocol.
- New Notes IDs must have 1024-bit or stronger RSA keys
- When you register new Notes users, you must select at least a 1024-bit RSA key size for their Notes IDs.
- Register multiple Active Directory users in Domino
- When you use the Directory Sync feature, in Domino 11.0.1 you can now select multiple Active Directory users to register in Domino. Previously you needed to select and register each Active Directory user individually.
- Configuring a custom image for the Notes Workspace background
- Use the notes.ini setting Load_Workspace_image to deploy a custom image to display in your users’ Notes Workspace background.
- Disabling SwiftFile
- SwiftFile is integrated with HCL Notes starting in Notes 11.0.1. However, you can use the notes.ini setting DisableSwiftFile=1 to prevent your users from using it.
- MarvelClient Essentials version 11.0.3
- The version of MarvelClient Essentials from panagenda that comes with Notes and Domino has been updated. The installer is version 11.0.3 which contains template version 20200204 and binary version 11.0.6.
- New Java Runtime Environment
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that comes with Domino 11.0.1 and Domino Designer 11.0.1 is updated from that provided in release 11.0.
- Documentation updates article on the Support site
- See the article Domino 11 documentation updates for any significant corrections or other updates to this documentation.
My download has already finished with the new Download Manager and is waiting to be installed 😉
A great summary about the new features of HCL Domino V11 as application platform with some really great statements from people who are using Domino in a Microsoft environment.
So take a look how you and your company can save a lot of money with a very powerful application platform.
HCL is offering a webinar about HCL Sametime V11. In this webinar you’ll have the option
- to see the new features
- to see how quick it can be deployed and
- can get answers to your questions from the experts
Register here fore this webinar: https://bit.ly/3daMVPa