At engage.2019 in Brussels the new features coming in Notes V11 have been presented by HCL. Here´s a small overview which feature will be available in which client and if there´s any dependency:
If the image is not readable due to the size feel free and download an XLS: Notes V11 feature overview
A great video about Notes/Domino V10+ and the possibilities can be found here:
External link to YouTube
A great summary of the future of the collaboration solutions currently hosted by IBM was given by Uffe Sorenson (HCL Global Director) and Paul Withers (Lifetime IBM Champion). Of course not all details could be told in fact of the actual contract but some of them are more than worth to read:
- Domino application templates, which have been neglected for far too long, will receive some well-deserved attention. We’re talking revitalising existing templates and the development of new ones. These will have two aims – to provide organisations with common applications ready for use out of the box (holiday leave requests, document libraries, etc.), and secondly to act as a springboard for developers to customise further. These will be made available via a ‘digital solutions store’ – or in other words, an app store. It goes without saying they’ll be browser and mobile ready.
- There will be a new thin desktop client based on WebAssembly technology. It sounds like WebAssembly will be used to provide a common code base for many types of client, such as IDMA/Nomad (Notes apps on the iPad), the Notes browser plug-in, and the Verse mobile client.
- Anyone currently with the ‘IBM Champion’ accolade will be become an ‘HCL Master’. Further to this, HCL affirmed the great importance they attached to the community as a whole, and will continue to support user groups such as ICON UK.
- In terms of licensing, all existing software and support contracts with IBM will continue as they are. The earliest potential changes to the licensing model would be with the release of Domino 11 in November/December 2019, which will have an emphasis on simplicity (‘no more sub-capacity licensing’!).
- Moving forward, Verse will be the primary email client being developed – with a particular emphasis on Verse On-Premise. Other current methods will still be supported though, such as Outlook and mobile (via Traveler).
- Notes/Domino as a whole is in quite a healthy place, with over 180 clients returning back to the platform in Q4 2018!
- There will be a new Designer client, and low code application development will be via a new visual builder environment. It was suggested this could be a development of HCL Leap, however that’s by no means confirmed.
HCL are showing every sign of refusing to let up on Domino’s momentum built up over the past year or so, which is very encouraging. Get in touch if you’d like to have a chat about what this means for you and your Domino investment.
Regarding this statement a lot of great features will be available in IBM Domino V11 which is announced in Q4 2019:
- Domino DirSync
- will pull informations about users and groups directly from the AD ( including renames )
- Domino “DAOS on Steroids”
- a single cloud instance for each object per database replica set
- Domino HTTP authentication against the ID Vault
- no sync between the Notes ID and the HTTP password required
- Recall undelivered scheduled mail
- Domino Language Kits will be available on day 1 of Domino V11
So great times are coming for our community !! Stay tuned 😉
Wow, what a great announcement today in the early morning:
In this “Buy-Out” the following solutions are included:
- Appscan for secure application development
- BigFix for secure device management
- Unica (on-premise) for marketing automation
- Commerce (on-premise) for omni-channel eCommerce
- Portal (on-premise) for digital experience
- Notes & Domino for email and low-code rapid application development
- Connections for workstream collaboration
With this announcement and looking back, which development the Notes/Domino channel took in the last 8 months under the patronage of HCL, we can be sure that HCL is going to develop the mentioned solutions in a great way !!!
Keep on rolling, Richard Jefts and the whole team …