Today, Monday 9th 2020, the HCL Digital Week started with a very impressive opening by Richard Jefts and Dion Hinchliffe where they talked about the Digital Transformation and how HCL is going to support YOU on this very interesting journey. During this Opening Session some very interesting facts have been shown by Dion Hinchliffe.
Also some “Myth vs Reality” comparisons have been shown to disprove opinions from CIOs and also user – go through the slide show and see some statements.
The Digital Transformation is managing the way of the development of the HCL Collaboration Solutions which is shown in the following image:
After this great opening Andrew Manby and Ken Krause showed the vision of HCL regarding the so called Low-Code Manifesto where the new way of developing and deploying smart applications has been shown. Also a comparision of HCL Volt MX and HCL Domino Volt was presented to figure out the differences of those two Low-Code Development Platforms:
One of the biggest announcements of the first day of the DS Imagine Day has been the Preview of HCL Domino V12 presented by Barry Rosen and Francois Nasser !! The new release is planned for late spring of 2021 and is including a lot of long-time-requestes features like
- Changes in Certification Management
- Let´s Encrypt included in the Domino V12 code
- Active Directory Sync including Password (!)
- Enhancements of the Search Capability in the Notes V12 Client
- Domino Nomad Web ( especially for accessing Domino applications )
- Domino Nomad Mobile including authentication via FaceID
- 2 Factor Authentication
- Integration of a Domino application into MS Teams
- Added the capability of QR codes for Sametime Online Meetings
- “Auto Deployment” of ID Vault
The best of Domino V12 is the same you could see in the last decades:
HCL is planning that the upgrade to V12 will be the last time you have to upgrade Notes Clients because of the announcement of HCL Nomad Web.
Also the security will be enhanced with some really great features:
And of course HCL is also enabling running a HCL Domino environment on ALL cloud-based vendors:
So Day 1 is finished ( except the HCL Digital Happy Hour ) but great announcements so far.
To the complete Dev Team @HCL: CONGRATULATIONS when we’ll receive all of the announcments !!