There will be an official HCL event held in Vienna on December 4th including the Live Stream from Tokyo.
Feel free and register here: https://anmeldung.co.at/launch11/hcl-austria-tokio-viewing-desiderio-n1-johannesg17/signup/index/password
In the current Beta 2 there are also new features included:
- View attachments in calendar events
When you receive an invitation from a Notes® or Verse web user that includes an attachment in the event description,
you can now open or download the attachment from your mobile device, if your device supports the capability. Note
that opening or downloading inline attachments or creating or editing attachments isn’t supported.
- Support for ActiveSync 16.x
Traveler now supports Microsoft™ Exchange ActiveSync versions 16.0 and 16.1 on iOS devices. This change allows
for the development of future features that require this version, such as the ability to sync calendar attachments.
Traveler automatically switches to ActiveSync 16.x when it detects devices that run on it; no user interaction is
- Support for APNS HTTP/2
Traveler now supports HTTP/2 for communication with Apple’s Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) servers. No
configuration is required and there is no change in behavior.
- Support for draft message synchronization
Traveler now supports the syncing of draft messages on iOS. As part of Exchange ActiveSync 16.X, which Traveler
now supports, the draft messages will sync from the server to the device and from the device to the server.
- Support for 24+ hour meetings or events
You can now create and modify non-repeating meetings and appointments that are longer than 24 hours.
In the current Beta 2 of Notes/Domino/Traveler/Sametime V11 great enhancements have been published by the great team of HCL:
Sametime V11 Community Server
After years and years and years and …. the new Community Server will at least support Domino 64-bit environments and will now fully support OpenJDK
Sametime V11 Proxy Server
With V11 it will not be necessary to implement WAS, DB2, System Console or the whole other bunch. Just take a single ZIP file with 100MB, unzip it, run the install script to configure the server and start the Proxy Server !
Click to Meet
With Sametime V11 you will now be able to start a meeting not inside of Sametime but with a Third-party conferencing software directly from the chat ! This feature will be available in the rich client ( ST Connect Client ) and also via the Web client !
Modern UI for the Web Client
Also the Look and Feel for the new Web Client has been refreshed and is looking very straight and modern ! Additionaly you’ll have 2 features with the Web client we have been missing:
- Send and receive attachments with online users
- Send pasted images and screenshots to online users
So great job so far which has been accomplished by the Dev Team of HCL !!
HCL is inviting to a Live Broadcast on December 4th where the latest news from the following topics will be presented:
THE FIRST HCL BRANDED COLLABORATION SOLUTIONS
Don´t miss the chance to get the latest news, roadmaps, and register for this great event !
- Live from Tokyo Keynote: A Major HCL Milestone. These new releases represent our commitment to relentlessly modernize and innovate these products. Come hear how.
- Myth Busters. “Domino is old. It’s uncool. It isn’t valuable to my business anymore. Connections is built for engineers by engineers.” We’ve heard them all. Let us show you why they’re wrong.
- The CIO’s Imperatives for 2020: How are the most strategic and successful CIOs preparing for the next decade? Putting customers first and making IT the department of “yes,” for starters. Come learn what else is essential to leadership.
- Domino V11: Why Modernizing Beats Migrating. Get ready to rethink what you know about Domino, and let us prove why V11 is the smartest choice for your current and future app-dev decisions.
- We Hear You: HCL Connections 6.5 = More Value from Your Investment. During the #LetsConnect customer jams, the Connections Ideas Lab and countless other points of input, we have been listening to you. With 6.5, we’re delivering even more value for Connections and laying the foundation for what’s to come.
Also have a look at this very impressive overview:
HCL released VoP 1.0.8A with the following fixes included:
- Dropping of DST timezone in Brazil: VERSE-57078
- Suggested Folders feature intermittently fails to show suggestions: VERSE-57346
- Server side archives should be listed in the folder panel even if the user does not have an Archive Settings policy assigned: VERSE-57616
- Server side archives should not be displayed in delegation mode: VERSE-57634
- Policy assigned Archive server is not used when loading archive from Verse: VERSE-57668
- Japanese translations for alternate name settings need corrections: VERSE-57627
- Documentation links in the product should point to HCL’s documentation site: VERSE-57547
- Product name branding should be HCL Verse: VERSE-57623
The official announcement including the download link can be found here.
After the transition of the “Collaboration Lounge” from IBM to HCL it was a little bit complicated to find the correct links for doing the work. I try to summarize them in this post.
Information about the acquisition: https://bit.ly/2MqWwEX
Overview of HCL Software Products: https://www.hcltech.com/software
HCL Customer Service Portal: https://hclpnpsupport.hcltech.com/csm
HCL Custer Profile Site: https://bit.ly/2IAoLA2
HCL FlexNet Download Center: https://bit.ly/2AWsDqO
HCL Customer Support: https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm
HCL Demo Portal: https://demoportal.hclpnp.com/#/login
HCL Software Customer Idea Portal: https://bit.ly/30Vg35D
HCL Digital Solutions: https://www.cwpcollaboration.com/#
HCL Knowledge Base: https://bit.ly/2Oz4myT
HCL Forums: https://bit.ly/2OBqYig
HCL Customer and Partner registration: https://registration.hclpartnerconnect.com/
HCL Software Partner Pack: https://bit.ly/2VqJA69
HCL License Agreements: https://bit.ly/2IAC0kd
HCL Product Ideas: https://domino-ideas.hcltechsw.com/
HCL Support Cases ( previously with IBM ): https://bit.ly/2MJhwqK
If you miss some links please comment this blog post. I’ll add them ASAP.
The most important “feature” is that new APNS p12 certificates – which will expire in Juni 2020 – are included in 10.0.1.2. There are also updates in the database structure so if you are using an Enterprise Database you have to go through some configuration steps listed here: http://help.hcltechsw.com/traveler/10.0.1/UpdatingTheEnterpriseDatabase.html
The version 10.0.1.2 does not require HCL Domino 10.0.1 but at least Domino 9.0.1 FP8.
A complete listing about the fixes can be found here.
Especially for iOS users the administrators must be aware of the following issues
( https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0069584 ):
Starting with HCL Verse 10.0.7 for iOS (when it is available), the application is now transferred to an HCL Technologies Apple account and is signed by an HCL-owned certificate.
Expect the following changes:
- The Verse application is being rebranded to HCL Verse. Not all references to IBM have been removed in this release.
- The Verse application will no longer be able to access any data that the previous IBM signed versions had stored on the keychain. Therefore, you will be prompted for your password after you upgrade to 10.0.7 and launch the application for the first time. If you choose to remove an existing version and then install 10.0.7, then the user will be required to reconfigure the client. This is not a change in behavior. However, for reasons stated below, we recommend you upgrade over your previous version of the Verse application. Note that the same applies when upgrading from the IBM ToDos application to the HCL ToDos application (when available).
- The device ID generated by iOS will change (clients managed by IBM Maas360 and MobileIron are not affected). Moving to the HCL account caused a change in the development team ID for the IBM Verse application. This team ID is input to the Apple API that the application uses to generate a unique device ID. The result is a different device ID which will be used when communicating with the Traveler server (in the form HCL_IOS_xxxxxxxxxx). After installing 10.0.7, the client application will look like a new device to the Traveler server. You can see your new device ID on the About screen under Verse settings, the user’s Traveler home screen or in the Traveler Administration view. A new device ID will have the following effects:
- After you install 10.0.7 (either new or as an upgrade), the device will re-sync because Traveler treats the device as a new device because of the device ID change. You will see all mail in the all folders disappear and then start to re-populate. There is no way to avoid this re-sync, so plan accordingly.
- A new profile document will be created for the new device ID (HCL_IOS_xxxxxxxxxx) by the Traveler server. This means all your preferences (things like days to sync, signature, etc) will be set to the defaults. However, if you take the recommended approach of upgrading (installing 10.0.7 over the top of a previous version), the Verse application will recognize the previous install and push all of your local preferences up to the server so that the new profile document is populated with your device preferences rather than the defaults.
- If device approval is enabled on the Traveler server, the IBM Verse client may need to be re-approved depending upon the automatic approval settings.
- The old device id (IBM_IOS_xxxxxxxxxx) will appear in the user’s device list until it is either reaped by the Traveler Server due to inactivity or deleted by the Administrator
- The user may see duplicate notifications on the device for a period of time, typically 24 hours from the upgrade, because both the old and new device IDs are active on the server. There is no way for the new application to tell the server to stop sending notifications for the old device ID. After that period, the Traveler server will mark the old device as offline and stop sending notifications to the old device ID.
IBM Verse for Android is not affected by this change.