Due to some security updates in the Android 8 and Android 9 OS sometimes Verse users are locked out during the initial sync.
In the latest Android security update changes were made that affect the response flow for Android’s Device Administrator capability. These changes are causing the Verse Android application to believe that the Device Administrator is not fully enabled and communicating this to the IBM Traveler server which is then locking out the users from further synchronization.
The error message the user may encounter might look similar to the following:
” Device Android_6216408d7fda7bb3 for User ID CN=USERXXXX is locked out for security reasons. Device security violation(s): Device Password, Wipe.”
If a user experiences this situation they should:
Open the Android Settings application and search on “device admin apps”
Tap on the result to open the “device admin apps” settings screen
Tap the IBM Verse Security entry and select Deactivate, to disable the IBM Verse device administrator temporarily.
Tap the IBM Verse Security entry and select Activate.
At this point the initial configuration that had been started will be removed and the user can launch the Verse app to go through initial configuration again and this time will be able to successfully complete the setup without being locked out.
IBM is working on updates to the Verse Android application to respond to this change in Android and will provide an updated version to resolve this issue shortly.
IBM/HCL just release the following enhancements in the last days:
Domino AppDev Pack 1.0.1 for Linux and NEW: 1.0.1 for Windows
> Link to the official announcement: https://ibm.co/2WE4iio
IBM Verse on Premises 1.0.7 with the following enhancements:
- Enhancements to importing internet calendar events
In this release, you can import internet calendar events from an .ics file that is attached to a mail message, in addition to importing from an .ics file on your computer. Also, using either import method, you can import up to 100 events from one .ics file. The previous limit was 50 events.
- Original times shown when repeat meetings are rescheduled
When a repeat meeting is rescheduled, attendees see the original times followed by the new times when they open the reschedule notice.
- Read messages marked as “Prevent copying” or “Keep Private”
When IBM® Notes® users and IBM iNotes® users send “private” messages that cannot be copied, IBM Verse® users can now read those messages. Previously, the messages could be read only through Notes or iNotes.
- Attachment name used as message subject if no subject provided
If a new message with an attachment doesn’t include a subject, the attachment name (minus the file extension) is used as the subject. If the message has multiple attachments, the first attachment listed is used.
- Option to download all attachments at once
When there are multiple attachments in a message, a Download All option is available to download all of them at once. Previously, you had to download each attachment separately.
- Improved integration of forwarding addresses
When a person has a forwarding address – used to deliver mail to an external address – the person’s forwarding address and primary directory address can now both be shown.
- Filter by unread messages after searching
You can now filter search results to show only unread messages. Previously, you could show unread messages only for the entire Inbox or an entire folder.
- Clearer prompt to search directory when using typeahead
When you use typeahead in an addressing field to find names, the prompt to search the directory is clearer.
IBM Domino 10.0.1 FP1
> Link to the downloads: https://ibm.co/2CQ1dnI
IBM Notes 10.0.1 FP1
> Link to the downloads: https://ibm.co/2FFaQq2
As mentioned the Language Pack German will be available in the next days.
Today IBM announced the availability of VoP 1.0.5 ( part number CNWQ5ML ) with the following new features:
- When a user files an email, Verse On-Premises can suggest folders to use based upon the user’s previous selections and content contained in the email.
- When composing an email, a user has the option to mark the email as confidential in the subject line.
- The email compose window has a minimize and restore button that enables users to view other emails while composing a new message. This enhancement eliminates the need for users to save an email being composed as a draft while checking other email.
- The option to empty the trash is readily available at the top of the folder or inbox.
- The calendar can display a second time zone in the right margin, providing quick access to meeting times for two different zones.
- The calendar view can be printed.
- Click to chat capabilities are enhanced with an option to register a custom extension for a user-preferred chat client.
- Extensibility and customization enhancements that enable clients to tailor the experience to meet the needs of the organization include:
- Color and theme modifications
- Support for adding a submenu in the navigation bar
- Support for optional integration with Gravatar for display pictures in the Important to Me bar, and Business Cards
- Calendar preview capability enables the administrator to configure Verse On-Premises to preview the ongoing enhancements to the calendar experience. This capability is off by default.
A full overview can be found here.
Today IBM/HCL announced some new features coming in IBM VoP 1.0.4, which will be available on August 14th, 2018:
- Easy access to your files repository directly from a mail message when storing or choosing attachments
- Capability to accept an invite directly from the calendar pop-up window
- Extended offline mail limits, with capability to synchronize up to 30 days of mail
- Navigation bar and attachment management customization options
You´ll need the following software requirements:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and Windows™ Server 64-bit systems are supported.
- IBM® Domino® V9.01, Feature Pack 9, or later
- IBM Connections™ V5.5, or later
You can read the full announcement here: VoP104 announcement
Yesterday I received a summary about all the upcoming features in IBM Verse, Mobile, IBM Notes and IBM Domino. Here are the planned features:
IBM Verse on prem:
IBM Notes Feature Packs:
IBM Domino Feature Packs:
Well, and in Q3/2018 ( planned ) there will be IBM Notes/Domino V10.
Today I attended a great web session regarding the news in ICS in 2017 and the following information was given:
On December 20th 2017 ( planned ) a new version of VOP ( 1.0.3 ) will be published including the
following new features:
- Mail and Calendar delegation
- Show # of unread mails in folders
- 24h time format support
- Sametime integration support ( via Technote post 1.0.3 GA )
Awaiting the new version…
As promised from IBM some weeks ago, IBM Verse on prem is available in the Partnerworld Software Catalog ( https://www.ibm.com/partnerworld/partnertools/eorderweb/ordersw.do ).
Then you can either search for “IBM Verse” or you search for part number CJ13YML.
Enjoy the download !!