HCL is offering a lot of upcoming events – give it a chance and register for one of the following free events !!
Domino V11 Query Language
- With the release of v11, Domino Query Language (DQL) completed its consolidation of all means of searching Domino data, using full-text indices. We will discuss and demonstrate this and other vital enhancements. We will also workshop problems solved in a CollabSphere 2019 session that will show as LotusScript agent code, so DQL can be seen in action. Lastly, the expansive future of DQL will be detailed in the context of programming models and the business problems it can be used to address.
- Register here: https://bit.ly/30Kxmb8
Domino Deployment and Monitoring
- Join this session to learn how to create a controlled, efficient Domino deployment (regardless of where you want your servers) powered by Panopta, our new partner. You’ll learn how to get complete visibility of your Domino servers’ key health metrics in easy to use dashboards, ensure the right person is notified in case of any health or performance issues, and solve problems with automated remediation instead of manual intervention. And, with much of the configuration done out of the box, you’ll learn how to get this all up and running quickly.
- Register here: https://bit.ly/2tIeCgp
Trends in Digital Experience Transformation from IDC
- As IDC’s research has shown, organizations that use HCL Digital Experience have realized significant business benefits, including increased revenue and quicker time to market, reduced costs and improved staff productivity, and increased customer and employee engagement. Join this webinar to learn about the latest trends in digital experience transformation from IDC, and learn more about the business benefits HCL DX customers have achieved.
- Register here: https://bit.ly/38DJsFX
You can also have a look at the V11 Key Features and Benefits in the following one-pager: https://bit.ly/2RnhgBr
And of course you still can register for engage ( the “New Lotusphere” ) held in Arnhem and organized by HCL Grandmaster Theo Heselmans and his great team !!
HCL is offering a Webinar about DQL in Domino V11 with the following content:
With v11, Domino Query Language (DQL) completed its consolidation of all means of searching Domino data, using full-text indices. We will discuss and demonstrate this and other vital enhancements in this session. We will also workshop problems solved in a Collabsphere 2019 session that will show as Lotusscript agent code, so DQL can be seen in action. Lastly, the expansive future of DQL will be presented in some detail in the context of programming models and business problems it can be used to address.
Feel free and register for this great Webinar to see the options you have with DQL V11:
Today I upgraded our Domino environment to the latest versions ( Domino V11, Traveler V11 and also VoP 1.0.9 ). OK, it´s late, but I was sick last week – hopefully this is a legitimate excuse 😉
A nice feature in VoP 1.0.9 is this one:
With this option you are able to change the password of your uploaded Notes ID inside the mail file and you can also see the installed version of VoP without having to use some “recalculation tables”:
Thanks a lot to the Dev Team !!
Yesterday HCL presented the upcoming releases of
- HCL Domino/Notes V11
- HCL Sametime V11 and
- HCL Connections 6.5
- HCL Domino Volt
- A brand new Low-Code Development Tool
and we had a great event here in Austria/Vienna with almost 70 “Yellow Bleeders” !!
It was a great announcement from Richard Jefts, Andrew Manby, Danielle Baptiste and Francois Nasser !! A lot of long requested features are included in the newest releases. Take some time and check the videos available on YouTube:
HCL Live from Tokyo
Introducing HCL Domino Volt
HCL Domino V11 – what´s new
HCL Sametime V11 – what´s new
HCL Connections 6.5 already is available for download.
HCL Domino/Notes V11, HCL Sametime V11, HCL Traveler V11 have been announced for December 20th – a perfect Christmas Present from the great HCL Dev Team !! Thanks a lot for your great work in the last months.
There will be an official HCL event held in Vienna on December 4th including the Live Stream from Tokyo.
Feel free and register here: https://anmeldung.co.at/launch11/hcl-austria-tokio-viewing-desiderio-n1-johannesg17/signup/index/password
In the current Beta 2 there are also new features included:
- View attachments in calendar events
When you receive an invitation from a Notes® or Verse web user that includes an attachment in the event description,
you can now open or download the attachment from your mobile device, if your device supports the capability. Note
that opening or downloading inline attachments or creating or editing attachments isn’t supported.
- Support for ActiveSync 16.x
Traveler now supports Microsoft™ Exchange ActiveSync versions 16.0 and 16.1 on iOS devices. This change allows
for the development of future features that require this version, such as the ability to sync calendar attachments.
Traveler automatically switches to ActiveSync 16.x when it detects devices that run on it; no user interaction is
- Support for APNS HTTP/2
Traveler now supports HTTP/2 for communication with Apple’s Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) servers. No
configuration is required and there is no change in behavior.
- Support for draft message synchronization
Traveler now supports the syncing of draft messages on iOS. As part of Exchange ActiveSync 16.X, which Traveler
now supports, the draft messages will sync from the server to the device and from the device to the server.
- Support for 24+ hour meetings or events
You can now create and modify non-repeating meetings and appointments that are longer than 24 hours.
In the current Beta 2 of Notes/Domino/Traveler/Sametime V11 great enhancements have been published by the great team of HCL:
Sametime V11 Community Server
After years and years and years and …. the new Community Server will at least support Domino 64-bit environments and will now fully support OpenJDK
Sametime V11 Proxy Server
With V11 it will not be necessary to implement WAS, DB2, System Console or the whole other bunch. Just take a single ZIP file with 100MB, unzip it, run the install script to configure the server and start the Proxy Server !
Click to Meet
With Sametime V11 you will now be able to start a meeting not inside of Sametime but with a Third-party conferencing software directly from the chat ! This feature will be available in the rich client ( ST Connect Client ) and also via the Web client !
Modern UI for the Web Client
Also the Look and Feel for the new Web Client has been refreshed and is looking very straight and modern ! Additionaly you’ll have 2 features with the Web client we have been missing:
- Send and receive attachments with online users
- Send pasted images and screenshots to online users
So great job so far which has been accomplished by the Dev Team of HCL !!