If you plan to install Domino V11 on CentOS 8.1 you have to do some steps before because there are some requirements:
Install CentOS 8.1.x ( without any graphical interface – you won´t need it )
- Install perl
- To run the Domino console installation you need perl to run it
- yum install perl
- I don´t exactly know if the libXp library is also needed ( it was in the last releases ) but I installed it
Afterwards I created the default user und group for the Domino Server:
- sudo groupadd notes
- sudo adduser notes
- To add the user “notes” to the group
- sudo usermod -g notes notes
- Set up the notes user to use DOMINO_LINUX_SET_PARMS:
- # vi /home/notes/.bashrc
- Add to the end of the file: export DOMINO_LINUX_SET_PARMS=1
- Update the Security/Limits File:
- Edit /etc/security/limits.conf using root and add or modify the lines:
- notes soft nofile 65535
- notes hard nofile 65535
- (Use 65535 for 64 bit Linux for both soft and hard limits, per HCL 2019/12.
- Update SELINUX:
- $ vi /etc/selinux/config
Change to SELINUX=disabled and save.
Then you have to check if the firewall is active – you can do this with the following command:
- firewall-cmd –state
- If it´s running you can stop and disable it with
- systemctl firewalld stop
- systemctl disable firewalld
- or you have to add the rules for running your Domino V11 server for the required ports
Afterwards you just have to install your Domino V11 server, implement the perfect start/stop scripts of Daniel Nashed ( which are extremely well documentated ), configure your Domino server and run a great collaboration tool !!
Last week there was a great webinar about the enhancements of Domino Query Language ( DQL ) for Domino V11.
Now the replay is available here and you can watch the possibilities of this great feature. You also can view the Q´s & A´s from the webinar here.
But what are the enhancements made in V11 ? Well, there are a lot, but here are the most important ones:
- V11 contains operators ( FTSEARCH )
- In V10 you could only search a Domino database by view or by NSF
- In V11 you also can search over the FTSEARCH via CONTAINS
- Of course this option requires a FullText Index
- Take a look at the examples
- V11 DQL View Traversal Optimization
- With a better performance ( 2-5x faster than V10 !! ) DQL becomes a great opportunity
Feel free to use this new feature in your Domino environment. It´s great !!!
HCL is offering a lot of upcoming events – give it a chance and register for one of the following free events !!
Domino V11 Query Language
- With the release of v11, Domino Query Language (DQL) completed its consolidation of all means of searching Domino data, using full-text indices. We will discuss and demonstrate this and other vital enhancements. We will also workshop problems solved in a CollabSphere 2019 session that will show as LotusScript agent code, so DQL can be seen in action. Lastly, the expansive future of DQL will be detailed in the context of programming models and the business problems it can be used to address.
- Register here: https://bit.ly/30Kxmb8
Domino Deployment and Monitoring
- Join this session to learn how to create a controlled, efficient Domino deployment (regardless of where you want your servers) powered by Panopta, our new partner. You’ll learn how to get complete visibility of your Domino servers’ key health metrics in easy to use dashboards, ensure the right person is notified in case of any health or performance issues, and solve problems with automated remediation instead of manual intervention. And, with much of the configuration done out of the box, you’ll learn how to get this all up and running quickly.
- Register here: https://bit.ly/2tIeCgp
Trends in Digital Experience Transformation from IDC
- As IDC’s research has shown, organizations that use HCL Digital Experience have realized significant business benefits, including increased revenue and quicker time to market, reduced costs and improved staff productivity, and increased customer and employee engagement. Join this webinar to learn about the latest trends in digital experience transformation from IDC, and learn more about the business benefits HCL DX customers have achieved.
- Register here: https://bit.ly/38DJsFX
You can also have a look at the V11 Key Features and Benefits in the following one-pager: https://bit.ly/2RnhgBr
And of course you still can register for engage ( the “New Lotusphere” ) held in Arnhem and organized by HCL Grandmaster Theo Heselmans and his great team !!
HCL is offering a Webinar about DQL in Domino V11 with the following content:
With v11, Domino Query Language (DQL) completed its consolidation of all means of searching Domino data, using full-text indices. We will discuss and demonstrate this and other vital enhancements in this session. We will also workshop problems solved in a Collabsphere 2019 session that will show as Lotusscript agent code, so DQL can be seen in action. Lastly, the expansive future of DQL will be presented in some detail in the context of programming models and business problems it can be used to address.
Feel free and register for this great Webinar to see the options you have with DQL V11:
Today I upgraded our Domino environment to the latest versions ( Domino V11, Traveler V11 and also VoP 1.0.9 ). OK, it´s late, but I was sick last week – hopefully this is a legitimate excuse 😉
A nice feature in VoP 1.0.9 is this one:
With this option you are able to change the password of your uploaded Notes ID inside the mail file and you can also see the installed version of VoP without having to use some “recalculation tables”:
Thanks a lot to the Dev Team !!
Yesterday HCL presented the upcoming releases of
- HCL Domino/Notes V11
- HCL Sametime V11 and
- HCL Connections 6.5
- HCL Domino Volt
- A brand new Low-Code Development Tool
and we had a great event here in Austria/Vienna with almost 70 “Yellow Bleeders” !!
It was a great announcement from Richard Jefts, Andrew Manby, Danielle Baptiste and Francois Nasser !! A lot of long requested features are included in the newest releases. Take some time and check the videos available on YouTube:
HCL Live from Tokyo
Introducing HCL Domino Volt
HCL Domino V11 – what´s new
HCL Sametime V11 – what´s new
HCL Connections 6.5 already is available for download.
HCL Domino/Notes V11, HCL Sametime V11, HCL Traveler V11 have been announced for December 20th – a perfect Christmas Present from the great HCL Dev Team !! Thanks a lot for your great work in the last months.
There will be an official HCL event held in Vienna on December 4th including the Live Stream from Tokyo.
Feel free and register here: https://anmeldung.co.at/launch11/hcl-austria-tokio-viewing-desiderio-n1-johannesg17/signup/index/password