With HCL NICE you´re able to uninstall your Notes Client. But you also can use HCL NICE scripted with some options. Here´s a list of all possible options:
||Silent mode with status dialog box at the end
||Silent mode with progress bar
||Silent mode with progress bar and status dialog box at the end
||Remove program files
||Remove data files
||Force removal of all Notes installation information
||Remove Notes installation
||Remove ICAA installation
A great story told by Matt Engstrom about 5 wrong statements about HCL Domino:
Myth 1 – Domino apps don’t work on mobile devices
Myth 2 – A Notes client is required to access my apps
Myth 3 – Specialized skills are required to build Domino apps
Myth 4 – My data cannot be integrated in external systems
Myth 5 – Domino apps are ugly
Read the whole story here: https://bit.ly/2MvfDhN
Due to some bugs in the 11.0.1 version of the client HCL released 11.0.1 IF1 for the client containing the following fixes:
IF1 is already available on HCL FlexNet.
As HCL announced during @engage.ug version 11.0.1 has been released today. And as promised we get:
- HCL Client Application Access 3.0.1 with all G1 language packs
- HCL Domino Server 11.0.1 with all G1 language packs
- HCL Notes 11.0.1 ( Full and Basic Client ) in all G1 languages
- HCL Traveler 11.0.1 for Windows, Linux and System i
- New InstallShield Tuner Kits for Standard Clients
- HCL NiceTool
An overview about the system requirements of V11.0.1 take a look at the following links:
HCL Domino 11.0.1
HCL Notes 11.0.1
HCL iNotes 11.0.1
HCL CAA 3.0.1
Also take a look of what´s new in 11.0.1 and in Sametime V11:
- New command to run Domino Server Setup from Windows for IBM i
- On IBM i, Flexera InstallAnywhere 2018 is the platform used for the Domino Server Setup wizard on a Windows computer. As a result, the command to run setup from a Windows computer on IBM i is now domwzd.bat. Previously it was domwzd.exe. In other respects, installation and setup on IBM i remain the same as in Domino 11.0.
- Domino for Linux Docker container
- HCL Domino 11.0.1 includes a Docker-compatible Red Hat Universal Base Image (UBI) of Domino that is part of your entitlement and available for download through the HCL Licensing Portal. HCL Domino 11.0.1 is pre-installed on this image, allowing you to deploy Domino servers as containers with just a few commands.
- Auto Update (AUT) supports future HCAA upgrades
- Domino 11.0.1 Auto Update (AUT) servers support future upgrades of HCL Client Application Access (HCAA) clients.
- Configuration enhancements for DAOS tier 2 storage
- Domino 11.0.1 introduces the following enhancements to DAOS tier 2 storage.
- Support for Subject Alternative Name (SAN) field in X.509 certificates
- Domino 11.0.1 now supports the use of X.509 certificates that contain a Subject Alternative Name (SAN) field. Certificates with a SAN field (extension) no longer require a Subject field containing a distinguished name for TLS connections.
Domino Web server support for Server Name Indication (SNI)
- Domino 11.0.1 Web servers now support the Server Name Indication (SNI) extension to the Transport Security Layer (TLS) protocol.
- New Notes IDs must have 1024-bit or stronger RSA keys
- When you register new Notes users, you must select at least a 1024-bit RSA key size for their Notes IDs.
- Register multiple Active Directory users in Domino
- When you use the Directory Sync feature, in Domino 11.0.1 you can now select multiple Active Directory users to register in Domino. Previously you needed to select and register each Active Directory user individually.
- Configuring a custom image for the Notes Workspace background
- Use the notes.ini setting Load_Workspace_image to deploy a custom image to display in your users’ Notes Workspace background.
- Disabling SwiftFile
- SwiftFile is integrated with HCL Notes starting in Notes 11.0.1. However, you can use the notes.ini setting DisableSwiftFile=1 to prevent your users from using it.
- MarvelClient Essentials version 11.0.3
- The version of MarvelClient Essentials from panagenda that comes with Notes and Domino has been updated. The installer is version 11.0.3 which contains template version 20200204 and binary version 11.0.6.
- New Java Runtime Environment
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that comes with Domino 11.0.1 and Domino Designer 11.0.1 is updated from that provided in release 11.0.
- Documentation updates article on the Support site
- See the article Domino 11 documentation updates for any significant corrections or other updates to this documentation.
My download has already finished with the new Download Manager and is waiting to be installed 😉
What an amazing event at the Burger´s Zoo in Arnhem I was able to attend !
Theo Heselmans and his team again organized a tremendous event in a very special location. Thanks a lot for all of your work – every “Thank You” you received was well-deserved !!
Now on the the content. HCL presented the future of the New Collaboration Solutions with some very great announcements ! The speed of how HCL delivers new features and composes new and – what´s extremely important – integrated solutions is unbelievable !!
Feel free and go through this summary about the upcoming releases – and don´t forget to read the planned enhancements for V12 !!
- Notes V11.0.1
- SwiftFile will be automatically integrated in the client. This option will help you to organize your mail into the correct folders like in Verse on Premises
- Attachment viewing
- From 11.0.1 on an attachment will not be rendered by your Notes client but will be displayed in your default browser
- Database encryption
- There´s an option to encrypt local databases by 128-bit AES
- Setting the background of the workspace via NOTES.INI setting ( and therefore via a policy )
- Domino V11.0.1
- The AUT ( Auto Update feature ) will support future HCAA upgrades
- Modifications in the DAOS Tier 2 storage option
- Domino Web Server support for SNI ( Server Name Indication )
- New Notes ID´s will automatically have 1024-bit encryption or stronger RSA keys
- Old ID´s with weaker RSA keys will still work but you should consider to rollover those keys
- Users coming via the feature “DirSync” from AD can now easily be registered in Domino
- New JRE ( Java Runtime Environment )
- openjdk version 1.8.0_242
- Eclipse Open9 JVM
- Enhancements in the Domino Query Language ( DQL )
- Sametime V11 FP1
- All mobile clients will support the Persistant Chat
- Drag&Drop support for File Transfer
- And a lot of fixes
- All that is approximately coming in the End of March 2020
- Verse on Premises 2.0
- VoP will have the option to “install” a browser based client on your computer just by clicking a “+” sign inside your VoP session.
- VoP will deliver a new calendar form
- Better search options by the ability to search using a date range
- The option “Send and File” will be available where you can directly put your sent mail into a specific folder
- Full support for HCL Connections 6.5
- HCL Volt
- In a few days the public beta of HCL Volt is starting. I was able to attend a workshop on Monday and I have to say >> FANTASTIC !!
- With HCL Volt you’re able to create very well looking web applications in a couple of minutes – without any Developer Knowledge !!
- 2 Webcast available
- HCL Connections
- This year some CR´s will be released and there will be extremely helpful extensions like
- Integration of MS Sharepoint in 6.5 CR1/CR2
- Containerazation of ICEC
- Full integration of MS O365 for round-trip editing
- New integrations for Sametime V12
But also the future of HCL Notes/Domino and HCL Connections is looking very, very bright. We saw the future of HCL Notes/Domino V12, HCL Connections V7 with a very clear message to the market: this is how we want to transform the current portfolio on the Desktop:
There are also great enhancements coming on the Server side and on HCL Connections.
- Domino V12
- Planned for the 1H/2021
- Two-factor authentication for accessing apps via Web via the Google Authenticator
- Two-factor authentication for NRPC clients
- Integration of Let´s encrypt by default
- Support of Touch ID für MacOS
- Auto deployment of the ID vault
- Support of SNI ( Server Name Indicator )
- New RSA keys in strength of 2048bit created by default when registering users, servers, …
- Sametime V11 Meetings
- planned for Q2/2020
- Completely built on Open Source
- Support for Voice, Video and Screen Sharing
- All components on one server
- If you want to participate on the HCL Sametime V11 Mobile Beta you can do that here
And HCL is delivering “HCL SoFy” – the HCL Solution Factory where you’ll be able to run applications in the cloud just by selecting them by click. Combining your selected apps will be done in the background and after this step your application will be ready to use.
Also 2 new HCL Grandmaster have been presented during this great conference
Also great applause for both of you !!!
So as a summary it was a pleasure to be part of this great community and you should take the chance to participate in this great event next year !!
Regarding the blog entry here >> link
After a very helpful hint from a well known friend ( aka “The Wickerl” ) the issue with the wrong date/time in a calender entry only occurs if you forward a calendar entry with a right mouse click and only in the German template !!!
The cause has already been identified and will hopefully be solved soon.
Yesterday I had the issue on a single client where the end date of a calendar entry was displayed completely wrong.
Here´s the calendar entry from the meeting chair:
And here´s the invitation from the person who received the invitation:
You can see, that the end date is not 18:00 like requested by the chair. After some investigation we discovered the following issues:
The temporary fields for the Start/End date contain the wrong content and also the following entries can be found in the NOTES.INI of the client:
$CSForwardCurrentCalendarEDT = 25.06.2019 10:00:00
$CSForwardCurrentCalendarSDT = 25.06.2019 09:30:00
It seems that these are temporary entries during creation/modification of the calender entry and which are not being removed during a client crash, …
It´s safe to manually remove these entries – afterwards the Start/End dates are displayed correctly.