Yesterday I received an email from a customer complaining that a search on a full text indexed mail database does not find attachment names.
I tried this on my mail database on a local replica and also on our server and could see the same result: attachment names are not found.
After opening a case @HCL yesterday, today I received the information, that this regression in well known under the SPR # JCUS975RGX:
SPR # JCUS975RGX => Allow attachments to be found by searching for their file names
This is regression started on V10.0.0 and was working on previous versions.
If you also are facing this problem with Notes/Domino V10.x just open a case and refer to this SPR to increase the weightage for getting a solution.
Due to investigation of some users ( Uli Krause delivered a very good summary ) there are some issues with the “STRG” functions in the Notes V10.0.1 client German. Some of the functions are either not working or working very slow.
The download of the this client has been withdrawn from Partnerworld at the moment but I assume that HCL is working on this issues with high pressure !!
I don´t think that there are issues in the Language Pack for Domino V10.0.1 but there´s a recommendation not to install the V10.0.1 client German at the moment.
Yesterday I had the issue that Notes Single-SignOn was not working on a Windows 10 workstation for one client. I checked if the service was available and started.
After some investigation I read the hint on the ND9.0 Forum, did the requested actions and afterwards SSO was working fine again.
Check if the following registry entry includes either “npnotes” ( 32-bit OS ) or “npnotes64” ( 64-bit OS )
This value must contain either “npnotes” or “npnotes64” right AFTER “webclient” !!!
Customize the following file ( required registry key ) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwvxuxxw5l9yy7l/windows10_sso.reg?dl=0
If you have a 64bit-OS you just have to adjust the location of your npnotes64.dll, otherwise replace all “npnotes64” entries with “npnotes” and then customize the path.
Import the registry key into your registry
Restart your computer – DONE
Today I had an issue, where a customer told me the following problem:
User A has his employee ID P146 in the Short Name of the person document in the Domino NAB. But if a user users this ID in the “To” field of a new mail, he receives the error, that the user is not unique, when he presses F9 for name resolution.
A look in the “($Users)” view showed, that there are 2 entries with this employee ID. In the first person document this looked fine, but in the second person document you can´t find this ID ( P146 ) anywhere. Also took a look with scanEZ, but this did not solve anything.
Some investigations later I found the “trouble” >> ever heard from “Soundex” ???
Try the following: enter @soundex(“Lastname, Firstname”) in the subject line of a new mail:
And now after pressing SHIFT-F9:
This is the so called “Soundex”, which also is listed in the “($Users)” view in the Domino NAB. But if you have another employee with the ID “B653” you would receive the error, that the user is not unique when pressing F9.
So it´s working as designed…
Yesterday I received a summary about all the upcoming features in IBM Verse, Mobile, IBM Notes and IBM Domino. Here are the planned features:
IBM Verse on prem:
IBM Notes Feature Packs:
IBM Domino Feature Packs:
Well, and in Q3/2018 ( planned ) there will be IBM Notes/Domino V10.
Today I received a call from a customer where the inbox did not display any content at some users – but only in the Notes client, not in iNotes !!
After some investigations I remembered, that I had this issue some months ago and found the following IBM technote:
So if you create a folder with and the first character of the folder is a space, this folder is displayed instead of the inbox and it seems, that the inbox is empty.
Today I received an email from a customer, where a user was not able to move a calendar appointment by opening the appointment and entering a different date/time. He was able to move the appointment by “Drag and Drop”.
The user was using IBM Notes 9.0.1 FP6 on Windows 10.
You can easily get rid of this error by simply deactivating the option “Strict Date/Time input” like mentioned in the following TN:
After removing this setting the user was able to change the date and time inside the calendar entry.