Today the feature list of VoP 1.0.8 was officially released and there are tremendous enhancements:
- Enhancements to the calendar event design preview in 1.0.8
IBM Verse 1.0.8 provides the following enhancements to the calendar event design preview feature.
- See names in your native language
In Verse 1.0.8, in work environments that use internationally-recognized names, your administrator may allow you to see names in their native languages and character sets. These are known as alternate names.
- See your archived mail
In Verse 1.0.8, if you archive your mail to an archive database on a server using another client such as iNotes, or if your administrator archives your mail on a server for you, you can now open the archive mail file from the folder panel to see the archived messages.
- More support for encrypted meeting notifications
There is additional support for encrypting meeting invitations and responses.
- Font sizes are consistent with Notes and iNotes
In Verse 1.0.8, the font size is the same as the font size in Notes and iNotes. For example, Arial 14 is rendered the same size in Verse, Notes, and iNotes. Previously, the Verse font size was smaller.
- Improved web browser experience enabled by default
An improved experience for users who access Verse from browsers on mobile devices is now enabled automatically.
- New password and Notes ID features
In Verse 1.0.8, you can change the password that you use to log in to Verse, change your Notes ID password, and manage your Notes ID.
- Server support for IBM i
Verse is now supported on a Domino 10.0.1 server running on IBM i version V7R2 or V7R3.
VoP 1.0.8 will be available in Q3/2019. You can get the complete informations about the new features on the official site here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS4RQV_1.0.8/whats_new/whats_new_in_version_1.0.8.html
Today IBM announced the availability of VoP 1.0.5 ( part number CNWQ5ML ) with the following new features:
- When a user files an email, Verse On-Premises can suggest folders to use based upon the user’s previous selections and content contained in the email.
- When composing an email, a user has the option to mark the email as confidential in the subject line.
- The email compose window has a minimize and restore button that enables users to view other emails while composing a new message. This enhancement eliminates the need for users to save an email being composed as a draft while checking other email.
- The option to empty the trash is readily available at the top of the folder or inbox.
- The calendar can display a second time zone in the right margin, providing quick access to meeting times for two different zones.
- The calendar view can be printed.
- Click to chat capabilities are enhanced with an option to register a custom extension for a user-preferred chat client.
- Extensibility and customization enhancements that enable clients to tailor the experience to meet the needs of the organization include:
- Color and theme modifications
- Support for adding a submenu in the navigation bar
- Support for optional integration with Gravatar for display pictures in the Important to Me bar, and Business Cards
- Calendar preview capability enables the administrator to configure Verse On-Premises to preview the ongoing enhancements to the calendar experience. This capability is off by default.
A full overview can be found here.
IBM released an interim Fix for VoP 1.0.4 including the following fixes:
- VERSE-54933 Some contacts or groups may be missing in typeahead search result in delegation setting or delegation panel
- VERSE-54888 Verse could not open mail databases with DBCS file name ( Domino hotfix 901FP10HF292 is also needed to fix this problem. )
- VERSE-54734 Notes.ini setting ‘VOP_UseNotesIDForDisplay’ does not work
- VERSE-54500 Verse will not generate mail path for data requests if the entry url of Verse has a prefix
The interim fix is available on IBM Fix Central.
Today IBM/HCL announced some new features coming in IBM VoP 1.0.4, which will be available on August 14th, 2018:
- Easy access to your files repository directly from a mail message when storing or choosing attachments
- Capability to accept an invite directly from the calendar pop-up window
- Extended offline mail limits, with capability to synchronize up to 30 days of mail
- Navigation bar and attachment management customization options
You´ll need the following software requirements:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and Windows™ Server 64-bit systems are supported.
- IBM® Domino® V9.01, Feature Pack 9, or later
- IBM Connections™ V5.5, or later
You can read the full announcement here: VoP104 announcement