HCL is offering a webinar about HCL Sametime V11. In this webinar you’ll have the option
- to see the new features
- to see how quick it can be deployed and
- can get answers to your questions from the experts
Register here fore this webinar: https://bit.ly/3daMVPa
What an amazing event at the Burger´s Zoo in Arnhem I was able to attend !
Theo Heselmans and his team again organized a tremendous event in a very special location. Thanks a lot for all of your work – every “Thank You” you received was well-deserved !!
Now on the the content. HCL presented the future of the New Collaboration Solutions with some very great announcements ! The speed of how HCL delivers new features and composes new and – what´s extremely important – integrated solutions is unbelievable !!
Feel free and go through this summary about the upcoming releases – and don´t forget to read the planned enhancements for V12 !!
- Notes V11.0.1
- SwiftFile will be automatically integrated in the client. This option will help you to organize your mail into the correct folders like in Verse on Premises
- Attachment viewing
- From 11.0.1 on an attachment will not be rendered by your Notes client but will be displayed in your default browser
- Database encryption
- There´s an option to encrypt local databases by 128-bit AES
- Setting the background of the workspace via NOTES.INI setting ( and therefore via a policy )
- Domino V11.0.1
- The AUT ( Auto Update feature ) will support future HCAA upgrades
- Modifications in the DAOS Tier 2 storage option
- Domino Web Server support for SNI ( Server Name Indication )
- New Notes ID´s will automatically have 1024-bit encryption or stronger RSA keys
- Old ID´s with weaker RSA keys will still work but you should consider to rollover those keys
- Users coming via the feature “DirSync” from AD can now easily be registered in Domino
- New JRE ( Java Runtime Environment )
- openjdk version 1.8.0_242
- Eclipse Open9 JVM
- Enhancements in the Domino Query Language ( DQL )
- Sametime V11 FP1
- All mobile clients will support the Persistant Chat
- Drag&Drop support for File Transfer
- And a lot of fixes
- All that is approximately coming in the End of March 2020
- Verse on Premises 2.0
- VoP will have the option to “install” a browser based client on your computer just by clicking a “+” sign inside your VoP session.
- VoP will deliver a new calendar form
- Better search options by the ability to search using a date range
- The option “Send and File” will be available where you can directly put your sent mail into a specific folder
- Full support for HCL Connections 6.5
- HCL Volt
- In a few days the public beta of HCL Volt is starting. I was able to attend a workshop on Monday and I have to say >> FANTASTIC !!
- With HCL Volt you’re able to create very well looking web applications in a couple of minutes – without any Developer Knowledge !!
- 2 Webcast available
- HCL Connections
- This year some CR´s will be released and there will be extremely helpful extensions like
- Integration of MS Sharepoint in 6.5 CR1/CR2
- Containerazation of ICEC
- Full integration of MS O365 for round-trip editing
- New integrations for Sametime V12
But also the future of HCL Notes/Domino and HCL Connections is looking very, very bright. We saw the future of HCL Notes/Domino V12, HCL Connections V7 with a very clear message to the market: this is how we want to transform the current portfolio on the Desktop:
There are also great enhancements coming on the Server side and on HCL Connections.
- Domino V12
- Planned for the 1H/2021
- Two-factor authentication for accessing apps via Web via the Google Authenticator
- Two-factor authentication for NRPC clients
- Integration of Let´s encrypt by default
- Support of Touch ID für MacOS
- Auto deployment of the ID vault
- Support of SNI ( Server Name Indicator )
- New RSA keys in strength of 2048bit created by default when registering users, servers, …
- Sametime V11 Meetings
- planned for Q2/2020
- Completely built on Open Source
- Support for Voice, Video and Screen Sharing
- All components on one server
- If you want to participate on the HCL Sametime V11 Mobile Beta you can do that here
And HCL is delivering “HCL SoFy” – the HCL Solution Factory where you’ll be able to run applications in the cloud just by selecting them by click. Combining your selected apps will be done in the background and after this step your application will be ready to use.
Also 2 new HCL Grandmaster have been presented during this great conference
Also great applause for both of you !!!
So as a summary it was a pleasure to be part of this great community and you should take the chance to participate in this great event next year !!
Yesterday HCL presented the upcoming releases of
- HCL Domino/Notes V11
- HCL Sametime V11 and
- HCL Connections 6.5
- HCL Domino Volt
- A brand new Low-Code Development Tool
and we had a great event here in Austria/Vienna with almost 70 “Yellow Bleeders” !!
It was a great announcement from Richard Jefts, Andrew Manby, Danielle Baptiste and Francois Nasser !! A lot of long requested features are included in the newest releases. Take some time and check the videos available on YouTube:
HCL Live from Tokyo
Introducing HCL Domino Volt
HCL Domino V11 – what´s new
HCL Sametime V11 – what´s new
HCL Connections 6.5 already is available for download.
HCL Domino/Notes V11, HCL Sametime V11, HCL Traveler V11 have been announced for December 20th – a perfect Christmas Present from the great HCL Dev Team !! Thanks a lot for your great work in the last months.
In the current Beta 2 of Notes/Domino/Traveler/Sametime V11 great enhancements have been published by the great team of HCL:
Sametime V11 Community Server
After years and years and years and …. the new Community Server will at least support Domino 64-bit environments and will now fully support OpenJDK
Sametime V11 Proxy Server
With V11 it will not be necessary to implement WAS, DB2, System Console or the whole other bunch. Just take a single ZIP file with 100MB, unzip it, run the install script to configure the server and start the Proxy Server !
Click to Meet
With Sametime V11 you will now be able to start a meeting not inside of Sametime but with a Third-party conferencing software directly from the chat ! This feature will be available in the rich client ( ST Connect Client ) and also via the Web client !
Modern UI for the Web Client
Also the Look and Feel for the new Web Client has been refreshed and is looking very straight and modern ! Additionaly you’ll have 2 features with the Web client we have been missing:
- Send and receive attachments with online users
- Send pasted images and screenshots to online users
So great job so far which has been accomplished by the Dev Team of HCL !!
Today IBM announced the extension of support for IBM Sametime V9.0.1 until September 2021.
IBM® Sametime® extends support for V9.0.1 to September 2021. Support for the following associated entitlements is also extended to September 2021:
IBM Sametime Complete
IBM Sametime Conference
IBM Sametime Communicate
IBM Sametime is a robust communications offering designed to accelerate your social business by driving faster decisions, with more complete information powered by the business experts in your organization. The suite of tools in Sametime helps unlock the value in your underutilized communications systems by integrating them into a more intuitive system. Sametime tools and services can be accessed from within the applications and business processes that you use every day.
Support for Sametime V9.0.1 is extended to September 2021.
IBM Sametime V9.0.1 features content curated from IBM Connections™ Chat Cloud and IBM Connections Meetings Cloud, as well as new powerful capabilities designed specifically for on-premises deployments. The following features are included in Sametime V9.0.1:
- A direct-registration softphone that gives users the capability to use the Sametime desktop client to place and receive phone calls as an extension of your existing telephony system
- Optimized support for Citrix XenApp on Microsoft™ Windows™ Server 2012 and Windows desktops
- 64-bit Microsoft Office support
- A more intuitive, easier-to-use Meetings experience
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) support for authentication on IBM Connections Cloud
- Support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) and the US Government’s Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS)
- A native Sametime Web Player browser plug-in (no Java™ dependency) for audio and video and screen sharing in Meetings on Microsoft Windows workstations
- Enhanced annotations on the web and mobile Meetings clients (not available on the desktop meetings client)
- Security improvement for safer HTML usage in Meetings
- Desktop and browser client support on Apple Mac OS X 10.11 and Microsoft
Tony Payne from the IBM Sametime team will provide tips and tricks that will help you when troubleshooting your system.
After a presentation, attendees will be given an opportunity to ask our panel of experts questions. Throughout the event, attendees will also be encouraged to comment or ask questions in the IBM Connections Meetings Web chat. Join us for this interactive, educational, lively session. Follow us on Twitter @IBM_ICSsupport.
- Topic: IBM Sametime 9 – Troubleshooting tips and tricks
- Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- Time: 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC/GMT, UTC-4 hours) for 60 minutes
Further informations ( regarding dial-in numbers and the ICS file ) can be found on the official site