Yesterday HCL presented the upcoming releases of
- HCL Domino/Notes V11
- HCL Sametime V11 and
- HCL Connections 6.5
- HCL Domino Volt
- A brand new Low-Code Development Tool
and we had a great event here in Austria/Vienna with almost 70 “Yellow Bleeders” !!
It was a great announcement from Richard Jefts, Andrew Manby, Danielle Baptiste and Francois Nasser !! A lot of long requested features are included in the newest releases. Take some time and check the videos available on YouTube:
HCL Live from Tokyo
Introducing HCL Domino Volt
HCL Domino V11 – what´s new
HCL Sametime V11 – what´s new
HCL Connections 6.5 already is available for download.
HCL Domino/Notes V11, HCL Sametime V11, HCL Traveler V11 have been announced for December 20th – a perfect Christmas Present from the great HCL Dev Team !! Thanks a lot for your great work in the last months.
In the current Beta 2 of Notes/Domino/Traveler/Sametime V11 great enhancements have been published by the great team of HCL:
Sametime V11 Community Server
After years and years and years and …. the new Community Server will at least support Domino 64-bit environments and will now fully support OpenJDK
Sametime V11 Proxy Server
With V11 it will not be necessary to implement WAS, DB2, System Console or the whole other bunch. Just take a single ZIP file with 100MB, unzip it, run the install script to configure the server and start the Proxy Server !
Click to Meet
With Sametime V11 you will now be able to start a meeting not inside of Sametime but with a Third-party conferencing software directly from the chat ! This feature will be available in the rich client ( ST Connect Client ) and also via the Web client !
Modern UI for the Web Client
Also the Look and Feel for the new Web Client has been refreshed and is looking very straight and modern ! Additionaly you’ll have 2 features with the Web client we have been missing:
- Send and receive attachments with online users
- Send pasted images and screenshots to online users
So great job so far which has been accomplished by the Dev Team of HCL !!
Today IBM announced the extension of support for IBM Sametime V9.0.1 until September 2021.
IBM® Sametime® extends support for V9.0.1 to September 2021. Support for the following associated entitlements is also extended to September 2021:
IBM Sametime Complete
IBM Sametime Conference
IBM Sametime Communicate
IBM Sametime is a robust communications offering designed to accelerate your social business by driving faster decisions, with more complete information powered by the business experts in your organization. The suite of tools in Sametime helps unlock the value in your underutilized communications systems by integrating them into a more intuitive system. Sametime tools and services can be accessed from within the applications and business processes that you use every day.
Support for Sametime V9.0.1 is extended to September 2021.
IBM Sametime V9.0.1 features content curated from IBM Connections™ Chat Cloud and IBM Connections Meetings Cloud, as well as new powerful capabilities designed specifically for on-premises deployments. The following features are included in Sametime V9.0.1:
- A direct-registration softphone that gives users the capability to use the Sametime desktop client to place and receive phone calls as an extension of your existing telephony system
- Optimized support for Citrix XenApp on Microsoft™ Windows™ Server 2012 and Windows desktops
- 64-bit Microsoft Office support
- A more intuitive, easier-to-use Meetings experience
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) support for authentication on IBM Connections Cloud
- Support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) and the US Government’s Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS)
- A native Sametime Web Player browser plug-in (no Java™ dependency) for audio and video and screen sharing in Meetings on Microsoft Windows workstations
- Enhanced annotations on the web and mobile Meetings clients (not available on the desktop meetings client)
- Security improvement for safer HTML usage in Meetings
- Desktop and browser client support on Apple Mac OS X 10.11 and Microsoft
Tony Payne from the IBM Sametime team will provide tips and tricks that will help you when troubleshooting your system.
After a presentation, attendees will be given an opportunity to ask our panel of experts questions. Throughout the event, attendees will also be encouraged to comment or ask questions in the IBM Connections Meetings Web chat. Join us for this interactive, educational, lively session. Follow us on Twitter @IBM_ICSsupport.
- Topic: IBM Sametime 9 – Troubleshooting tips and tricks
- Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- Time: 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC/GMT, UTC-4 hours) for 60 minutes
Further informations ( regarding dial-in numbers and the ICS file ) can be found on the official site