SPR# CEMABAVNMT RFC822 addresses with unquoted commas and semicolons in a friendly part causes an issue on the Domino server mail addressing. RFC822StripUnquotedDelimiters serves as a work around in fixing the issue
From the SPR# JALS658T7S – Mail is parsed into two separate addresses on a reply/reply with history.
This fix prevents splitting of RFC822 addresses caused by unquoted commas and semicolons in a friendly part. This fix requires setting the Notes.ini variable “RFC822StripUnquotedDelimiters=1”.
But on some cases, setting the parameter to RFC822StripUnquotedDelimiters=0 will workaround the issue for inbound SMTP when User in the TO field goes to the BCC field when entering a Domino 10.0.1 server
Permanent fix will be available in Domino 10.0.1 FP2. SPR# CEMABAVNMT
Debug parameters used to identify the issue(only to be set when working with support):
set config SMTPSaveImportErrors=2
set config MIMEExceptions=2
set config Debugitrfc822.cpp=1
set config Debug_iCal_Addresses=1
set config SMTPDebugIO=3
restart task smtp
restart task router
Today I had the issue ( after some years again ) that I could not see the rules tab inside the configuration document for a specific mail server:
I did the mentioned steps in the following IBM TN:
Create a Formula agent, designed to act on selected documents, to delete the field ActForm:
Steps to create the agent:
1. Start the Domino Designer client and open the Domino Directory database.
2. From the menu, select Create -> Agent.
3. The Agent Properties dialog will appear. Give the agent a name. The Runtime settings can be left at the defaults of “Action Menu Selection” and “All Selected Documents”.
4. Click on the X mark in the upper righthand corner to close and save the Agent Properties settings. 5. In the main pane, change the “Run” keyword selection from “Simple Action(s)” to “Formula”.
6. Enter the following code into the main window: FIELD ActForm :=@Deletefield
7. From the menu select File -> Save.
8. Exit from the Domino Designer client.
Steps to run the agent:
1. Open the Domino Directory from the Notes client.
2. Open the view Configuration -> Servers -> Configurations.
3. Select the affected configuration documents.
4. From the menu select Actions -> <agent name>.
Now when the Configuration document is opened from the Notes client, the Rules tab will display as expected.