SPR# CEMABAVNMT RFC822 addresses with unquoted commas and semicolons in a friendly part causes an issue on the Domino server mail addressing. RFC822StripUnquotedDelimiters serves as a work around in fixing the issue
From the SPR# JALS658T7S – Mail is parsed into two separate addresses on a reply/reply with history.
This fix prevents splitting of RFC822 addresses caused by unquoted commas and semicolons in a friendly part. This fix requires setting the Notes.ini variable “RFC822StripUnquotedDelimiters=1”.
But on some cases, setting the parameter to RFC822StripUnquotedDelimiters=0 will workaround the issue for inbound SMTP when User in the TO field goes to the BCC field when entering a Domino 10.0.1 server
Permanent fix will be available in Domino 10.0.1 FP2. SPR# CEMABAVNMT
Debug parameters used to identify the issue(only to be set when working with support):
set config SMTPSaveImportErrors=2
set config MIMEExceptions=2
set config Debugitrfc822.cpp=1
set config Debug_iCal_Addresses=1
set config SMTPDebugIO=3
restart task smtp
restart task router
IBM/HCL just release the following enhancements in the last days:
Domino AppDev Pack 1.0.1 for Linux and NEW: 1.0.1 for Windows
> Link to the official announcement: https://ibm.co/2WE4iio
IBM Verse on Premises 1.0.7 with the following enhancements:
- Enhancements to importing internet calendar events
In this release, you can import internet calendar events from an .ics file that is attached to a mail message, in addition to importing from an .ics file on your computer. Also, using either import method, you can import up to 100 events from one .ics file. The previous limit was 50 events.
- Original times shown when repeat meetings are rescheduled
When a repeat meeting is rescheduled, attendees see the original times followed by the new times when they open the reschedule notice.
- Read messages marked as “Prevent copying” or “Keep Private”
When IBM® Notes® users and IBM iNotes® users send “private” messages that cannot be copied, IBM Verse® users can now read those messages. Previously, the messages could be read only through Notes or iNotes.
- Attachment name used as message subject if no subject provided
If a new message with an attachment doesn’t include a subject, the attachment name (minus the file extension) is used as the subject. If the message has multiple attachments, the first attachment listed is used.
- Option to download all attachments at once
When there are multiple attachments in a message, a Download All option is available to download all of them at once. Previously, you had to download each attachment separately.
- Improved integration of forwarding addresses
When a person has a forwarding address – used to deliver mail to an external address – the person’s forwarding address and primary directory address can now both be shown.
- Filter by unread messages after searching
You can now filter search results to show only unread messages. Previously, you could show unread messages only for the entire Inbox or an entire folder.
- Clearer prompt to search directory when using typeahead
When you use typeahead in an addressing field to find names, the prompt to search the directory is clearer.
IBM Domino 10.0.1 FP1
> Link to the downloads: https://ibm.co/2CQ1dnI
IBM Notes 10.0.1 FP1
> Link to the downloads: https://ibm.co/2FFaQq2
As mentioned the Language Pack German will be available in the next days.
HCL asks their customers and also their partners about the needed integration of any directory in the Domino environment.
If you want to be part of this group and want to participate you´re welcome to answer some questions regarding your needs here:
The only think you need is an IBM ID.
Yesterday I received a great link from a good friend. They use IBM Domino for business critical applications and participated in this analysis of Forrester.
Take some time and read this summary about the positive aspects about Domino as application platform.
Today I had the issue ( after some years again ) that I could not see the rules tab inside the configuration document for a specific mail server:
I did the mentioned steps in the following IBM TN:
Create a Formula agent, designed to act on selected documents, to delete the field ActForm:
Steps to create the agent:
1. Start the Domino Designer client and open the Domino Directory database.
2. From the menu, select Create -> Agent.
3. The Agent Properties dialog will appear. Give the agent a name. The Runtime settings can be left at the defaults of “Action Menu Selection” and “All Selected Documents”.
4. Click on the X mark in the upper righthand corner to close and save the Agent Properties settings. 5. In the main pane, change the “Run” keyword selection from “Simple Action(s)” to “Formula”.
6. Enter the following code into the main window: FIELD ActForm :=@Deletefield
7. From the menu select File -> Save.
8. Exit from the Domino Designer client.
Steps to run the agent:
1. Open the Domino Directory from the Notes client.
2. Open the view Configuration -> Servers -> Configurations.
3. Select the affected configuration documents.
4. From the menu select Actions -> <agent name>.
Now when the Configuration document is opened from the Notes client, the Rules tab will display as expected.
At the DNUG45 a great overview of new features coming in Domino V10 and also a sneak preview of features coming in Domino V11 was given by HCL.
You can download the presentation here.
There are great enhancements about Clustering, SAML authentication and also enlargement of some limits.
Some weeks ago I had the issue to restore a mail database in a cluster environment for which DAOS was enabled. I took the following steps:
1. Disable replication on the Mail-/Home server of the user
2. Delete the replica on the cluster server
3. Restore the database on the cluster server
4. Enter the following command on the cluster server tell daosmgr listnlo -o missing.txt MISSING mail/databasename.nsf
5. lo updall mail/databasename.nsf -RX
6. Reenable the replication on the Mail-/Home server of the user
If the database cannot be opened on the Cluster Server, you can run the following commands:
> lo fixup mail/databasename.nsf -F
> lo updall mail/databasename.nsf -RX