Yesterday IBM published a new Software announcement including new options about licensing IBM Domino Applications on Cloud.
The complete announcement can be accessed here.
Overview of the announcement:
IBM® Domino® Applications on Cloud is a subscription-based service that offers an IBM-hosted solution for Domino Applications on IBM Cloud™. The service offers robust performance and high availability for mission-critical applications. The solution is offered as a managed service and can help reduce the cost, complexity, and risk of managing your own infrastructure.
Benefits of IBM Domino Applications on Cloud:
- Improved economics. Reduce capital expenditure that is related to hardware, hardware maintenance, and hardware refreshes; and further reduce operating expenses that are related to internal resource costs and costs related to system down time.
- Re-deploy skills on new growth initiatives. With the managed cloud infrastructure, your organization can worry less about in-house infrastructure maintenance, thereby freeing up skills and resources to drive new growth initiatives.
- Improved agility. Your business benefits from the flexibility and scalability offered by IBM cloud infrastructure and the pay-as-you-go pricing model that can grow and shrink according to your needs.
Domino Applications on Cloud enhanced capabilities include two new Non-BYOL (Bring Your Own License) subscription editions along with add-ons such as development or replica environment, additional storage, and two labor service editions to help your organization migrate to the cloud.
New services include:
- An Entry edition that no longer requires clients to carry a requisite on-premises license entitlement. This edition is designed for smaller application needs.
- A Standard edition that no longer requires clients to carry a requisite on-premises license entitlement. This edition can grow to larger enterprise requirements. The Standard edition also provides the following optional add-ons:
- Replica application instances for clustering needs
- Development application instance
- Additional storage for an application instance
- Cloud Migration Advisory Services engagement provides expert guidance to accelerate the client’s environment move to Domino Applications on Cloud (DAC).
- Cloud Migration Fast Track Services engagement provides access to IBM experts who can help clients analyze, remediate, and move up to 10 Domino applications to their Domino Applications on Cloud (DAC) environment.