I created a small app with HCL Domino Volt to get some informations from my colleagues in about 10 minutes. Very fast and intuitive to handle !!! In this app I added a numeric slider and figured out following problem:
if you export the data e.g. to Excel the values from the field of the numeric slider are not exported !!
After opening a case at HCL I received the information that the problem has to do with the Locale Settings ( in my case German ), has been filed and will be fixed.
Thanks a lot to the HCL support ! Christopher Dawes was working very fast to deliver the information !!
On Wednesday, May 27th, HCL invites you to a webinar about the new Low-Code Development Tool “HCL Domino Volt“.
With HCL Domino Volt you´re able to build low code apps for runnig workflows, gathering data, … within a very short time ! And all those without any programming skills.
Feel free and register for this webinar here.
Today HCL held a webinar about the current Beta phase of HCL Volt. For all who didn´t hear about this new option to create web-based applications > What is HCL Volt ??
- A new low-code way to build apps on Domino
- Great at building forms and forms-based workflow apps
- Both a design and runtime environment
- A way to augment existing Domino applications
But what´s not the focus of HCL Volt ??
- A way to modernize existing Domino apps
- A solution for pro-coders
- A way to build apps for the Notes client
The current beta release is on version: 0.2.0.0_7
This version can be downloaded till April 13th. If you still want to register for the beta you can do this here. So this is a very short beta phase because the GA of HCL Volt currently is scheduled for April 2020. The further development of HCL Volt is planned to be quarterly updates and with continous delivery.
So HCL is – like with HCL Notes/Domino, HCL Connections and also HCL Sametime – listening to the customers which features should be available and will try to deliver those ideas which can be posted either on the HCL Volt Beta forum or on the AHA portal.
What an amazing event at the Burger´s Zoo in Arnhem I was able to attend !
Theo Heselmans and his team again organized a tremendous event in a very special location. Thanks a lot for all of your work – every “Thank You” you received was well-deserved !!
Now on the the content. HCL presented the future of the New Collaboration Solutions with some very great announcements ! The speed of how HCL delivers new features and composes new and – what´s extremely important – integrated solutions is unbelievable !!
Feel free and go through this summary about the upcoming releases – and don´t forget to read the planned enhancements for V12 !!
- Notes V11.0.1
- SwiftFile will be automatically integrated in the client. This option will help you to organize your mail into the correct folders like in Verse on Premises
- Attachment viewing
- From 11.0.1 on an attachment will not be rendered by your Notes client but will be displayed in your default browser
- Database encryption
- There´s an option to encrypt local databases by 128-bit AES
- Setting the background of the workspace via NOTES.INI setting ( and therefore via a policy )
- Domino V11.0.1
- The AUT ( Auto Update feature ) will support future HCAA upgrades
- Modifications in the DAOS Tier 2 storage option
- Domino Web Server support for SNI ( Server Name Indication )
- New Notes ID´s will automatically have 1024-bit encryption or stronger RSA keys
- Old ID´s with weaker RSA keys will still work but you should consider to rollover those keys
- Users coming via the feature “DirSync” from AD can now easily be registered in Domino
- New JRE ( Java Runtime Environment )
- openjdk version 1.8.0_242
- Eclipse Open9 JVM
- Enhancements in the Domino Query Language ( DQL )
- Sametime V11 FP1
- All mobile clients will support the Persistant Chat
- Drag&Drop support for File Transfer
- And a lot of fixes
- All that is approximately coming in the End of March 2020
- Verse on Premises 2.0
- VoP will have the option to “install” a browser based client on your computer just by clicking a “+” sign inside your VoP session.
- VoP will deliver a new calendar form
- Better search options by the ability to search using a date range
- The option “Send and File” will be available where you can directly put your sent mail into a specific folder
- Full support for HCL Connections 6.5
- HCL Volt
- In a few days the public beta of HCL Volt is starting. I was able to attend a workshop on Monday and I have to say >> FANTASTIC !!
- With HCL Volt you’re able to create very well looking web applications in a couple of minutes – without any Developer Knowledge !!
- 2 Webcast available
- HCL Connections
- This year some CR´s will be released and there will be extremely helpful extensions like
- Integration of MS Sharepoint in 6.5 CR1/CR2
- Containerazation of ICEC
- Full integration of MS O365 for round-trip editing
- New integrations for Sametime V12
But also the future of HCL Notes/Domino and HCL Connections is looking very, very bright. We saw the future of HCL Notes/Domino V12, HCL Connections V7 with a very clear message to the market: this is how we want to transform the current portfolio on the Desktop:
There are also great enhancements coming on the Server side and on HCL Connections.
- Domino V12
- Planned for the 1H/2021
- Two-factor authentication for accessing apps via Web via the Google Authenticator
- Two-factor authentication for NRPC clients
- Integration of Let´s encrypt by default
- Support of Touch ID für MacOS
- Auto deployment of the ID vault
- Support of SNI ( Server Name Indicator )
- New RSA keys in strength of 2048bit created by default when registering users, servers, …
- Sametime V11 Meetings
- planned for Q2/2020
- Completely built on Open Source
- Support for Voice, Video and Screen Sharing
- All components on one server
- If you want to participate on the HCL Sametime V11 Mobile Beta you can do that here
And HCL is delivering “HCL SoFy” – the HCL Solution Factory where you’ll be able to run applications in the cloud just by selecting them by click. Combining your selected apps will be done in the background and after this step your application will be ready to use.
Also 2 new HCL Grandmaster have been presented during this great conference
Also great applause for both of you !!!
So as a summary it was a pleasure to be part of this great community and you should take the chance to participate in this great event next year !!