Yesterday I had the issue on a single client where the end date of a calendar entry was displayed completely wrong.
Here´s the calendar entry from the meeting chair:
And here´s the invitation from the person who received the invitation:
You can see, that the end date is not 18:00 like requested by the chair. After some investigation we discovered the following issues:
The temporary fields for the Start/End date contain the wrong content and also the following entries can be found in the NOTES.INI of the client:
$CSForwardCurrentCalendarEDT = 25.06.2019 10:00:00
$CSForwardCurrentCalendarSDT = 25.06.2019 09:30:00
It seems that these are temporary entries during creation/modification of the calender entry and which are not being removed during a client crash, …
It´s safe to manually remove these entries – afterwards the Start/End dates are displayed correctly.
This week I received the information from a customer that there´s a problem when trying to import ICS files with special characters ( like Ü, .. ) in your Notes calendar. You then receive the following error message:
‘Notes cannot process your file. This URL is not associated with a valid iCalendar feed’
There´s a known TechNote regarding this problem: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1LO90157
I pleased HCL to create an Enhancement Request and a new idea for getting this issue fixed has been created: https://domino-ideas.hcltechsw.com/ideas/NTS-I-1052
In the meantime you can solve this issue by either
- renaming the ICS file ( getting rid of the special characters ) or
- Drag&Drop the ICS file to your calendar link in the sidebar
Feel free to support the idea 😉
There will be an official HCL event held in Vienna on December 4th including the Live Stream from Tokyo.
Feel free and register here: https://anmeldung.co.at/launch11/hcl-austria-tokio-viewing-desiderio-n1-johannesg17/signup/index/password
In the current Beta 2 there are also new features included:
- View attachments in calendar events
When you receive an invitation from a Notes® or Verse web user that includes an attachment in the event description,
you can now open or download the attachment from your mobile device, if your device supports the capability. Note
that opening or downloading inline attachments or creating or editing attachments isn’t supported.
- Support for ActiveSync 16.x
Traveler now supports Microsoft™ Exchange ActiveSync versions 16.0 and 16.1 on iOS devices. This change allows
for the development of future features that require this version, such as the ability to sync calendar attachments.
Traveler automatically switches to ActiveSync 16.x when it detects devices that run on it; no user interaction is
- Support for APNS HTTP/2
Traveler now supports HTTP/2 for communication with Apple’s Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) servers. No
configuration is required and there is no change in behavior.
- Support for draft message synchronization
Traveler now supports the syncing of draft messages on iOS. As part of Exchange ActiveSync 16.X, which Traveler
now supports, the draft messages will sync from the server to the device and from the device to the server.
- Support for 24+ hour meetings or events
You can now create and modify non-repeating meetings and appointments that are longer than 24 hours.
In the current Beta 2 of Notes/Domino/Traveler/Sametime V11 great enhancements have been published by the great team of HCL:
Sametime V11 Community Server
After years and years and years and …. the new Community Server will at least support Domino 64-bit environments and will now fully support OpenJDK
Sametime V11 Proxy Server
With V11 it will not be necessary to implement WAS, DB2, System Console or the whole other bunch. Just take a single ZIP file with 100MB, unzip it, run the install script to configure the server and start the Proxy Server !
Click to Meet
With Sametime V11 you will now be able to start a meeting not inside of Sametime but with a Third-party conferencing software directly from the chat ! This feature will be available in the rich client ( ST Connect Client ) and also via the Web client !
Modern UI for the Web Client
Also the Look and Feel for the new Web Client has been refreshed and is looking very straight and modern ! Additionaly you’ll have 2 features with the Web client we have been missing:
- Send and receive attachments with online users
- Send pasted images and screenshots to online users
So great job so far which has been accomplished by the Dev Team of HCL !!
HCL is inviting to a Live Broadcast on December 4th where the latest news from the following topics will be presented:
THE FIRST HCL BRANDED COLLABORATION SOLUTIONS
Don´t miss the chance to get the latest news, roadmaps, and register for this great event !
- Live from Tokyo Keynote: A Major HCL Milestone. These new releases represent our commitment to relentlessly modernize and innovate these products. Come hear how.
- Myth Busters. “Domino is old. It’s uncool. It isn’t valuable to my business anymore. Connections is built for engineers by engineers.” We’ve heard them all. Let us show you why they’re wrong.
- The CIO’s Imperatives for 2020: How are the most strategic and successful CIOs preparing for the next decade? Putting customers first and making IT the department of “yes,” for starters. Come learn what else is essential to leadership.
- Domino V11: Why Modernizing Beats Migrating. Get ready to rethink what you know about Domino, and let us prove why V11 is the smartest choice for your current and future app-dev decisions.
- We Hear You: HCL Connections 6.5 = More Value from Your Investment. During the #LetsConnect customer jams, the Connections Ideas Lab and countless other points of input, we have been listening to you. With 6.5, we’re delivering even more value for Connections and laying the foundation for what’s to come.
Also have a look at this very impressive overview:
HCL released VoP 1.0.8A with the following fixes included:
- Dropping of DST timezone in Brazil: VERSE-57078
- Suggested Folders feature intermittently fails to show suggestions: VERSE-57346
- Server side archives should be listed in the folder panel even if the user does not have an Archive Settings policy assigned: VERSE-57616
- Server side archives should not be displayed in delegation mode: VERSE-57634
- Policy assigned Archive server is not used when loading archive from Verse: VERSE-57668
- Japanese translations for alternate name settings need corrections: VERSE-57627
- Documentation links in the product should point to HCL’s documentation site: VERSE-57547
- Product name branding should be HCL Verse: VERSE-57623
The official announcement including the download link can be found here.